Tuesday, May 31, 2011

long distance relationship


i feel like sharing the thought of people on this kind of relationship.so i browsing through my tumblr and took their opinion. random picking.


I commend everyone who has been in, or is in, a long distance relationship. I have so much respect for anyone who has the ability and patience to stay in one, I really do. In my opinion, the amount of time you spend with your significant other is one of the most important factors that contribute to a healthy relationship. I feel that if you don’t see your significant other enough, the spark between you two will start to fade and eventually, disappear. I feel that you need to physically touch each other (i.e. holding hands, cuddling, kissing, etc.) from time to time in order to keep your relationship alive. I don’t think relying solely on webcamming, talking on the phone, texting, talking on AIM, emailing, and sending hand written letters to communicate with your significant other is sufficient to keep your relationship going strong.

Distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough

 Sure we may not be able to hold hands and tickle one another and feel the warmth of one another, but what we have is special. No, its much more than that. Its a connection, on the deepest of emotional levels. We understand each others problems, comfort one another, make each other smile, and support each other in our decisions. We know what the other is thinking without even speaking a word. I know this distance tears us to shreds at times. But in the end it will be worth it. We can’t be that cute couple you see walking down the hallway, or in the mall together. At least not yet. We’ll be seeing each other in two short months this summer for the most romantic weekend of our lives. After that, I’ll do my best to get up to Michigan as quickly as possible. We WILL make solid plans to be together on a more constant basis. I promise you that. It will all be worth and when we can finally move in to a place together and start the rest of our lives. It is worth every ounce of pain because the love overcomes it all. I love you.


i understand this is one of the hardest things two people can decide to embark on. and i say embark on because it’s more of a journey mentally and physically. mentally, to have to always wonder if they’re lying, cheating or doing something hurtful to you is tough. mentally, to use your imagination to kiss, to fantasize about love and holding hands. physically, to let your body never feel their touch, or physically traveling to see that special person eventually. it’s not for everybody. it’s not impossible it just requires a little bit more effort, energy, and devotion. i won’t say it’s for the strong because distance shouldn’t make you want to not cheat, or give up. it’s an act of bravery for those who see an opportunity rather than an obstacle. and are willing to sacrifice a little more than the modern way of investing in someone who lives far. god forbid, your lover decides to go into the army and your near lover is shipped off, what then, would most of us do away with them? i wouldn’t. i think test like that should be placed on love, we should be tested on our endurance not just temptation or will to come out of an argument. whomever i become the lover of, i want that person to know that i would endure for them. i’ll do more than stick around when times are tough. when burdens knock on our door, i’ll open the door comfortably and ask it would it like a cup of tea. i’ll show no fear. distance and i will become friends instead of enemies.

people who are in long distance relationships. Those of you who actually try to keep something like that together really have strength and heart. <3 (: It makes me smile to see people together who live so far apart. Please, keep it going. Prove everyone wrong. It is possible.

I miss how it was. This distance thing is killing me slowly, its taking all of my energy. I just want you here i just want you to understand that my smile hides so much . I know you dont like to see me sad. im sorry if at times i show you. i swear i try not to .. i try my hardest to show you how commited and strong i am,and prove to you ican do this. But thiers just times where i need to break down and i need you to be thier for me in ways more than just telling me ” i hate seeing you this way dont be sad” . i think that hurts me more… i know we can do this it takes hard work and sacrafice but im willing too. its just not all rainbows and butterflies everyday.

But long-distance love doesn’t have to be all bad. Stafford says that a major advantage to the LDR is that you can spend all of your time together like it’s a honeymoon. You tend to be on your best behavior when you get together, and when you’re not in the same city, you can focus completely on work and other obligations. Some people, in fact, prefer dating this way for this very reason. It can be a good fit for the ultra-independent soul, or for young people working to establish themselves in a demanding career. Stafford advises that if you want your LDR to last, you have to get past the honeymoon behavior and make an effort to stay current with your partner — not just on the big things, but on all the little things, too.

Sometimes, when I get really lonely at night and I don’t know what to do, I wrap my arms around my teddy bear as tightly as I can, pretending that I’m really holding on to you. I do this because I miss you so much and it seems as if hugging my bear makes the pain go away. Every once in a while it feels the same as when I’m with you, except your arms don’t tighten around me. Okay, it isn’t the same, in fact, it kinda makes me feel evenlonelier. It isn’t you in my arms, but I do it anyway. Because I don’t feel like giving up hope cause it brought me to you in the first place. And maybe one day, when I’ve kept my hope long enough, I won’t have to pretend you’re my teddy bear.



*Listening to Bruno Mars- Long distance*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ske la entry syud ni :)
kte nak amek ayat2 dlm pic ni leh?cute sgt! :)

shudeshude said...

hehe amek la bea..heeee:D

KRL kaprileader said...

nak berak la.....

hahah

love distance

shudeshude said...

ngeng je nk berak kat sini..ingt ni jamban ke..hehe